Showing posts with label labor. Show all posts
Showing posts with label labor. Show all posts

Monday, January 26, 2009

It's Time!

We were hoping to avoid the C-Section, but doc wants to do that. Holly is still at 4cm and she had been at it for a long time. We should be in the O.R. in about 20 minutes and should have boys out around 45 minutes after that!

Next post will hopefully have pictures.

Why won't they come out?

Still nothing but pain and discomfort. I don't how she is doing it, but Holly is still hanging in there. Doc is coming in for another measurement at 5pm and then should have a plan for whats next. I'm just sitting here hoping to help her somehow. 'Bout all I can do is get her more ice and shoulder/arm rubs...scratch her back for her.

I would prefer to video the kids...but for now, here are their heart beats and momma's contractions. The graph with the contractions has thick vertical red lines...those are 1 minute apart. In this graph she was having them 2 minutes apart. Since then they got sporadic and they are giving her some drug to try and get them looking regular again.


4cm

Gosh it is really slow going. Jeremy's head is super low and hopefully should keep things progressing. I don't know how long its been since the last exam...maybe an hour or less? Seems like forever since I last posted, but it hasn't really been too long.

Still progressing, but not much to report. Holly got some extra pain meds and she is busy crunching away on her ice chips. She didn't seem so great early, but after that last dose of pain killers she's doing a lot better.

Oh, if you are trying to call...call Holly's cell. Mine just went dead, but Vick is bringing my charger over after work. He is also letting the dogs out for us. Thanks dude! I should have my phone back on later this evening. For now, Holly's number is the same as mine...just add 1 to the last number.

3cm

Holly is still at 3cm, but she is 100% effaced which is good...otherwise doc might already be doing a C-section. Doc doesn't want Holly and the boys' health to get too stressed. If she hasn't progressed more than 3cm in 2-3 hours, then he would like to get the boys out now. On her next evaluation, if they see progress then we will continue to allow for the boys to come out on their.

They just did a sonogram and at first freaked a little because they thought one of the boys had turned. Body parts were just mixed up and overlapping and it turns out the boys are still good. Jordan is a little sideways, but still head down.

Can't believe its been over 12 hours already. 7am-12pm just flew by. Holly can't have anything to eat, she just keeps sipping on water and eating ice chips. I got a chance to sneak away the last hour and grab a quick bite from the cafeteria. Nothing to brag about there.

Back to the waiting game...

2-3cm

Holly hasn't dilated much yet. She has pre-eclampsia so they are keeping a close watch on that. It caused her blood pressure to rise some and they are running blood tests about every hour or so to make sure it doesn't get worse. If it does, they won't be able to wait for her to dilate. For now everything is looking okay. Shhh...she is actually sleeping now!

Doc said he'd come check in again in about 4-6 hours. Unless of course her blood pressure starts to rise again. She is just resting now until the RN comes back in about an hour to monitor her again.

Gonna get some guilt-free sleep too...