Monday, March 17, 2008

El Paso Weekend

Finally went back home for a visit. We left Wednesday night around 5pm and arrived around 2:30am. The short amount of time that we had daylight resulted in a very low scoring Deer Game. If you don't know what the deer game is, heres the quick break down. Easy way to make a long boring drive more bearable is to be competitive and see who can count the most dead deer on the road. It has to be dead and must clearly be, or used to be, a deer...some corpses can be so mangled and decayed you just can't say for sure. Well, I beat Holly 26-20...but we only had about 2-3 hours of light. On the way back we set a record. Mike scored 20. Holly scored 87. I set a new game record and counted 90!

As for the trip, it was great. Thursday played golf with my pops at the new Butterfield Trail Golf Course. I scored an eagle and a birdie, I think a couple pars and plenty of bogies and doubles. Not sure what the final score was because I forgot the scorecard on the golf cart. I think my pops beat me as usual.

Friday we went to see 10,000 B.C. with Holly's dad and Mike. Then we went over to the Chico's on Dyer for some lunch. Also got me a Chico's shirt there. Later we went to watch my lil' bro Eli play basketball with his team at Ft.Bliss, the Longhorns. Hes a shutdown defensive player...the X factor. His tounge pops out a la Michael Jordan...you can see it in the photo album on some of the pics where he has the ball. He also does that when hes playing Halo or Guitar Hero. Later that night he beat me and Isaiah in a Halo 3 slayer match.

Saturday was just more time visiting family...the Grandmas and parents. While visiting my Grandma Licha, lil Gen went to bathroom and yanked on the emergency cord for when old people fall down and can't get up. We heard the alarm not really knowing what it was, sounded like a school fire alarm. Finally my Grandma realized what it was and we rushed to the bathroom. We turned it off after about 20 secs or so...no one ever came to check in.

Last drive home to Holly's parents we took Transmountain Drive and snapped a few pics. Those mountains are the most beautiful part of El Paso. Next time there we need to go do some hiking up there. Finally got a pic of the wooly mammoth frozen in stone...Manfred. And that was it. Drove back home very early Sunday morning and that was when I scored a world record in the Deer Game.

You can check out all the bball, family and mountain pics at the Photo Album.

No comments:

Post a Comment