Friday, April 2, 2010

Jordan's Surgery

As we were walking in to the surgery center for Jordan's eye surgery, I was praying that God hold him tight and protect him. Then I started to notice the children and parents around me. There were so many children with obvious physical and mental challenges. I changed my prayer to a prayer of thanks. We are so blessed to have two healthy boys.

Later Jordan was so good while we waited for the surgery I was able to look around and observe the other people there. The parents with the children that had wheelchairs and obvious head surgery scars were patient, loving, happy and content with their children and the long wait before seeing the doctor. The parents with the seemingly healthy children were impatient, complaining (about the wait and not being able to eat or drink in front of the hungry, thirsty children who had to fast before surgery) and yelling at their kids; who in turn were yelling themselves. Made me want to always keep the mindset that this may be my last days with them and I want to spend it patiently loving them.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing Holly. That is such a good perspective to have. Hope that sweet boy's eye is better.

    ReplyDelete