Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Down with the Sickness

Holly got sick on Monday. From out of the blue she went from normal on Sunday, to coughing and congested by Monday night. What made this really bad is that Holly and I had an appointment this afternoon with an allergist to get a scratch test done. Why was that bad? Well, Holly has been suffering bad allergies for about the last couple months and has been off all allergy meds for at least 2 weeks to be ready for this test. They gave us a LOOONG list of stuff we can't take. Depending on the drug, we had to be off it at least 3-14 days. So Holly didn't want to take ANY thing that might jeopardize the scratch test shes been waiting so long for.

I haven't been allowed to make her laugh because she goes into a coughing fit that doesn't stop and it hurts. I don't know how to not make her laugh. Like most people, she just has to look at me and she cracks up. So I use a monotone voice and try not to make any sarcastic remarks or break into spontaneous dance. That lasts a few minutes before the A.D.D. kicks in and I do something I didn't realize I wasn't supposed to do cause she'd laugh. Who would have thought a fake karate punch to the chest would make her laugh?

Her only reason to get healthy now is to kick my butt. By the way, scratch test was annoyingly itchy. Turns out Holly's worst enemy is mold. Around here, theres mold all year long. My enemies are pretty much all the trees and grasses/weeds around here. Cedar and some other trees are bad this time of year, the rest of the year I get to deal with the grasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment