Friday, March 27, 2009

Baby Dedication

It has taken forever to post, but that is how it goes with twins I guess. So about 2 Sundays ago Austin Stone Community Church had a baby dedication. I just a time for us to share our desire to raise the boys up knowing Christ. The boys had their pictures up with the life verses we chose for them. Each boy also got a Jesus Storybook Bible and we got the book Shepherding a Child's Heart. The boys also got a letter from our lead pastor Matt Carter. Don't know what the letter says. The envelope says the boys can't open until they decide to be baptized. Then we got to pray for the boys. We have been praying for these boys for years now, it is great to be able to pray over them now.

Afterward we went to the high class eatery known as Golden Coral. It was very fun to have family and friends there. Baby Dedication and lunch Photo Album here.

We didn't get to see the pictures of the boys on the big screen with their life verse, so I made our own. You can click on the pics for a larger version, but here are the verses.

Jeremy Alan:
Psalm 139:13-16 (New International Version)

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

Jordan Andres:
Zephaniah 3:17 (New International Version)

17 The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing.

1 comment: