Friday, February 29, 2008

Hi-Tech El Paso Delivery Truck

We've all been there, the excitement of a big new purchase like a couch, bed, other furniture or appliances like a new refrigerator. The not so great part is how to get that big item home. Shell out the cash for delivery and then wait at home between the hours of 7AM-7PM for the delivery window. Most of us just borrow someone's pick-up and get some friends to help.

These 2 El Pasoans have demonstrated how to take home your new fridge without a truck, strong friends or money for someone else to deliver. This is an easy 3 step delivery process for those short on funds and friends.

Step 1. Get a dolly for the fridge
Step 2. Tell Chuy to sit in your trunk (don't close the trunk)
Step 3. Hand the dolly to Chuy and go home

I'm guessing these people have friends who were demanding their money back at Chico's Tacos and refusing to vacate the premises while the place burned down. Which explains their new fancy pants dolly deliver service.

"Mexican ingenuity (?) here in El Paso, Texas - a guy sitting in the trunk holding on to a refrigerator being pulled by a dolly! (this was on Paisano near Bowie High School). I'll bet this makes those of you who have left EP to really miss this place huh!"
Yup...miss it lots...can't wait to go home! Special props to my pops for passing along these great photos!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    This has really been something that I never knew would grow to this magnitude! I am the guy that took the pictures of these guys pulling the dolly with the refrigerator. I only sent the two pictures out to about 8 or so of my
    best friends (most in El Paso) and then I was going to send them out to a bunch more later. Well, within a couple of weeks I have heard that this has travelled out of the country - even a friend in Florida who sent it to me and I wrote him back to tell him that I was the one who shot the pictures with my cell camera. I just wanted to share this with you. Several other Blog sites have jumped on board but I like your story best.
    Please e-mail me your address. I would like to share a project I have started here in EP that you may want to see. It's a Blog that I put up together. My address is:
    winmkt2@swbell.net

    ReplyDelete