Saturday, February 2, 2008

A Trip to Florence for Vegas

A what for who? Couple weeks ago we're sitting at home chillin' as usual when the phone rings. We never answer the phone, if anyone worth talking to ever calls us, they always call our cell. The answering machine picks up and of course its some weirdo lady calling...but it wasn't your normal telemarketer call. "Hello Frank, this is so-and-so calling from some-place-or-other. Remember the contest you entered late last year for $50,000 or a 2008 Harley-Davidson motorcycle? Well I've got great news for you. Call me when you..." this is where I jumped out of my chair and ran to go pick up the phone (SUCKER). Yeah, the great news wasn't that I won. The great news was that I was selected to go check out a new Golf Community, Feather Bay, that is under development in Brownwood, Texas. I almost hung up, then they suckered me in again..."For coming out, we're going to give you 2 round trip tickets to Las Vegas, 3 days/2 nights in hotel, $50 gift card to Wal-Mart and a $75 check card for gas." I quickly looked at Holly, "road trip?" After a nod from her, it was on! Fast forward to Saturday...

Saturday morning we wake up around 6:15am and take off. Picked up a Sonic breakfast burrito and some Route 44 Diet Cherry-Limeades, cranked up the radio and we were off! Surprisingly, it only took about 2 hours to get there. Holly had me practicing how to just say NO! She didn't want another Orlando on our hands :) Here is the great part. We get there, with our e-mail confirmation in hand and they tell us and about 3 other couples that we aren't on the "list" and they don't have any of the stuff (free trip and gift cards). One guy just about went ballistic and had his finger in the face of the lady who broke the news to us. So I went up and just asked who exactly I need to talk to get my stuff. She pointed to a phone number on the e-mail print out. So I stepped outside and called, talked to George who said they had me scheduled for the 9th and not the 2nd. He apologized for the confusion and said he'd get all our free gifts mailed out to us ASAP!! So we get our free gifts without having to go on the 2-hour tour, the 2-hour tour. We cruised back home, past through Zephyr, Mullin, Lampasas and finally stopped in Florence for a bite to eat. We ate at Mano's Mexican Food. Was typical central Texas mexican food, but it was alright. Had to fill up to...and where do you go to get gas? You go to the store!


So, anyone else want to go to Vegas!?

No comments:

Post a Comment