Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I can smell FOOTBALL!!

Wait...no, Jezebel just tooted. FOOTBALL!! It's almost here. One more week until the Raiders first preseason game against the 49ers. I put my tickets up for this game on ebay and they already have bids. woohoo! The next step in preparing myself for the upcoming season was trying to get a deal on the NFL Ticket and Superfan. They want to charge an extra $100 so you can get the games in HD. I called and asked, like I didn't know how much it was, "how much to renew the ticket and superfan? .... Oh, you guys raised your prices again? ... Well, can you cancel my automatic renewal? ... Well, I don't want to pay that much when all I really care about is the 16 games for the Raiders. I don't need EVERY game." They offered me $5 off my regular bill for 6 months. After I stopped laughing and caught my breath, I said no. They offered me $10 off for 6 months. Again...no. Why pay when I can watch the game at a bar for much less. Besides, why should I pay an extra $100 to watch the game in HD when I already pay a monthly service for HD? She put me on hold and finally came back with a good offer: $10 off my bill for 6 months and Superfan ($100) for free.

Woop woop!! The Raider Nation is set to roll at the Garcia household!

2 comments:

  1. Sweet! What does Superfan include? Don't think I've heard of that. Or is that the channel that has all the games constantly being updated? But either way, with the money you saved, maybe you can get Jezzie some Beano at the local Walgreens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Main thing with the Superfan is you get the HD games. Which is lame they package HD with other features for $100. The other features are cool though. You get the Redzone channel, it switches thru live games when a team is entering the Redzone and about to score. If someone does score while its on another game, it will go back and show the play. Its kinda fun. You also get the Game Mix channels where they show up to 8 games on the screen and you can navigate to any game by clicking on it. Its ridiculous with out mega sized TV. You also get Short-Cuts (the games with everthing but the plays cut out in 30 mins - they are aired later in the week), Supercast (watching games/highlights online) and Mobile Cast (real-time highlights on your phone).

    ReplyDelete