Thursday, July 24, 2008

Okie Showers and Fishin'

Spent last weekend in Oklahoma visiting with my mommy and sister, Mari. The occasion was Mari's baby shower. Girl is HUGE! Hope she pops soon. Here she is with Holly...Holly is about 7 months behind Mari here. So the shower was okay...I just ate food and got suckered into taking pictures. Holly won the first 2 games, Baby Bingo and a raffle for bringing a bag of diapers. Heres the photo album for the shower.

On Sunday Roy took us back to our favorite fishing hole in Guthrie, OK. I snagged about 3 Croppie and big Catfish which gave me a great fight. Holly and Roy each reeled in another Croppie. At the end of the day, Roy was bringing in a baited line they leave anchored to land. I thought it was stuck on something, Roy was sure we landed something huge. We had to take the row boat out and trace the line...got right over where it was stuck. I'm 100% sure its stuck on a tree root or something. We both start pulling up on the line and SPLISH SPLASH!!! A giant carp comes flailing out at us, I'm pretty sure it's aiming for my jugular and looking for blood. We get it into the boat, which I thought was a bad idea, but we were able to get it on land. Sucker was...ah man, can't remember now but I'm sure it was 35 1/2 inches. Roy guessed about 30 lbs. and I'm sure he wasn't too far off. Heres the rest of our Oklahoma trip pictures and fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment