Friday, December 19, 2008

Seriously??

Why do the batteries in smoke detectors always run out in the middle of the night? About 2AM yesterday Holly woke me up because a T-800 was wondering around the house. When I finally ruled out an invasion of sophisticated futuristic robots rummaging through the house for Sarah Conner, we then had to determine which smoke detector needed a new battery. We figured out it wasn't the downstairs alarm...so it had to be one of the 2 upstairs. Of course, now the alarm thought it had given us enough warning of the battery loss and decided not to beep anymore. I know it was just plotting and waiting for us to fall asleep before beeping again. I figured since the beep didn't wake me up, it had to be the one furthest from us. So I swapped out that battery and fell back asleep.

Frank 1, Smoke Alarm 0.

Oh yeah, and Holly is now in her 32nd week. Woop-woop! Just want to make it through week 34 and then the boys can come as soon as they want!

1 comment:

  1. LOL!! That's hilarious!! I can just picture you trying to figure out which one needs the batteries replaced!

    ReplyDelete