Monday, December 29, 2008

Our Foster Puppy...Flower

At first I thought, "Golly...the receiving staff at shelter is really running out of ideas for dog names." I think I just figured out that they named her after the Flower character in Bambi. I never saw Bambi, so it took me a while to piece it together. Anywho...for those of you who don't know, I have been volunteering at the Austin Humane Society and helping the doggies. A few weeks ago I brought home a 6 week old puppy who needed a foster home. Some time for the pup to be socialized so they can be ready for adoption. Doggies in a cage with littler human/canine interaction don't learn anything in the crucial first couple months of their lives.

So Flower is very well socialized now! She is almost house broken. She doesn't poo-poo in the house and will scratch at the door to go outside and poo. She still can't hold the wee-wee very well, but we've done really good letting her out enough that she goes outside. She is doing awesome, always looking to please. She is a pup though, so she just wants to chew and have fun when she isn't sleeping. She does do good of letting go of things she should not have when we replace them with a chew toy. She has used to her crate now for sleeping at night...but if she is not tired, she will cry for a while. Overall she really is an awesome pup. If we didn't have the boys coming any minute now, we would most definitely keep her!!

If anyone is interested in the pup...please let me know ASAP! I have to take her back to the shelter tomorrow. She should be getting spayed soon and then be ready for adoption. Check out tons of Flower photos and videos on my ZooToo page.

No comments:

Post a Comment